It's been wet and cold in the Wimmera all week! I think today is the first time I have seen the sun for days.
What's on the Needles:
Have just finished finished clue 3 of Magia Shawl KAL by Laura Nelkin. Knitting with Skein Merino Silk Lace, which is 50% Merino and 50% Silk. To get the gauge required I had to go to 4mm needle which is giving a very open Lace. Clue 4 arrives on Tuesday. This was an easy week, last week I was still knitting on the Tuesday and only finished clue 2 one hour before clue 3 arrived.
Knitting with some handspun yarn for the first time. Knitting a beanie for David so when he is outside working he can wear it. It's called Fisher and the pattern is by Lindsey Felice via Ravelry. This yarn is my second lot of spinning that I did. The fleece was purchased from Mosley Park.
Bendigo cotton - Knitting youngest grandson a hat. Have completed ear flaps.
Goals
My goal for July is to complete a UFO whilst starting Xmas gifts for the 7 grandchildren. I have heaps of cotton 10 ply so I am knitting a face washer for each child. My aim over the next few months is to Make a bag that I will embroider their name and a item on. I will use this as a Xmas stocking which can become a laundry bag that they can hand on the back of their door and put their dirty clothes in it. In the bag will be an embroidered bag, a knitted face washer, some Goats Milk soap and a pair of sock and if lucky I might even get a pair of pajamas made. That's 7 of each that I
need to do. Big challenge.
Spinning
Have just finished washing my 3 ply humbug yarn and it's currently drying. Should be about a 10 ply. Love the feel it is so soft. Now I can start some alpaca roving that I purchased a fair while ago.
Listening
Marly Birds podcast.
Reading:
I have been reading ply magazine, great magazine and I would recommend it to all interested in spinning. This magazines focus is twist. I have also just commenced Yarn Works by W J Johnson. This is a complete guide on how to spin, dye and knit your own yarns which is written to inspire both new and experienced spinners and dyers.
New items
I had read about square knitting needles. David was heading to Melbourne for work so I sent him to Morris and Sons. I ordered some needles for both double pointed and also interchangeable. Knit pro brand. I'm amazed they fit nicely into your hand, assist with smoother stitches and are great to use. I think I'm converted.
The Alpaca Girls.
Bianca, Fleur, Helena and Celine have all confirmed as being pregnant. Hopefully this time they will all hold. Honest has been mated and we are waiting on confirmation if she has also been successful this time. Bianca is due on 12/9/2014 followed by Fleur towards November/December. Helena and Celine are not due till April & May next year.
Fleece - Shearing was last October. The yarn is currently being processed hopefully it won't be long before it comes back. 3ply, 5ply and 8ply. Natural yarns.
Have a great week everyone
Take Care
No comments:
Post a Comment